The video marketing industry is swiftly changing. With the increased popularity of videos, more people are watching them now than ever.
With hundreds of hours of video being uploaded to YouTube every minute, internet users are giving companies and marketers a vast amount of data to sort through as they try to figure out what audiences want in terms of video content.
You’re not the only one utilizing online video marketing to convey your company story excitingly and engagingly. A lot of companies are doing it and especially leveraging video at trade shows and conferences.
If you’re looking for ideas or market research on how to use online video marketing in your company, these statistics for 2023 will give you plenty of inspiration:
- Everyone’s favorite TiKTok was the number one downloaded App of 2021, according to Apple.
- 80% of consumers want to see more videos from businesses.
- YouTube has surpassed Facebook as the most popular outlet for influencing consumer behavior.
- In 2022, streaming online videos and downloads account for 82 percent of total internet traffic.
- The video marketing industry in the United States alone is worth $135 billion.
- Video is preferred by 80% of people over written text.
- Video has become the most popular marketing channel for businesses, with 87% of businesses already utilizing video as a marketing outlet.
- According to recent research, video utilized as a marketing tool has assisted over 80% of marketers in generating leads.
- 41% of respondents to a survey said videos reduce support calls.
- At least 88% of marketers were pleased with their online video ROI.
- In 2022, LIVE video will account for 17 percent of all internet traffic, according to another widely reviled Cisco forecast.
- Brand awareness was bolstered through video ads, which was the number one way consumers discovered a company and subsequently bought from.
- Video streaming is expected to reach over 184 billion dollars in the next five years.
- E-mails with videos have a 300% higher click-through rate than those without.
- According to a recent report, the number of daily live streams on YouTube has increased by 54% since 2020.
- 58% of people say they have become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in Instagram Stories.
- More than 75% of all videos are viewed on mobile devices.
- LinkedIn users are 20 times more likely to share a video than other types of content.
- In 2022, it is estimated that internet users watch 1 million videos per second.
- According to 83% of video marketers, utilizing video has helped lengthen the amount of time website visitors spend on their page.
Considering these compelling video marketing statistics, is it time to focus on video?
Video content is a time-honored method that has recently been revived by video marketers. Video content was the exclusive domain of movie theaters and television studios not long ago, and it was too expensive for most businesses to employ. However, with the advent of the internet and smartphones, it is easier than ever to communicate with consumers via video. Anyone can be a video marketer, and this technology is increasingly important.
It can assist your company in developing and attracting new customers, even if it isn’t the only marketing tool you should utilize.
If you want to grow your audience and get noticed, having an online video marketing strategy is an excellent method, particularly in your social media marketing strategy. As you can see, people watch online videos.
How are you going to kickstart your video marketing strategies for 2023?