Date Implemented: May 23, 2018
Last Updated: May 23, 2018
“Personal data” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Categories of Personal Data Processed by Personify
Personal data that is processed when you communicate with Personify: When you interact with us via email, telephone, or online (e.g., when send us an email inquiry, provide us with feedback on our services, register and post in our forums, submit support requests, and comment on blog posts), we collect personal data, including your name, organization name, phone number and email address; and information about the Personify services you have purchased. We also may create event logs that are useful in diagnosing product or app performance-related issues, and capture information relating to the support or service issue. To improve customer service, subject to applicable laws, we may also record and review your conversations with us, and analyze any feedback provided to us through voluntary surveys concerning our customer service. With your consent, we may log in to your Personify system, if appropriate, to help troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- We use this information to provide you with client, product and service support and to monitor the quality and types of client, product and service support we provide to our clients. The legal ground for processing this information for these purposes is Personify’s legitimate interest in providing quality client, product and service support. The legal ground for logging in to your Personify account, if appropriate, to help troubleshoot and resolve your issue is consent, which you may withdraw.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- Personal data that is processed when you submit a question via Personifycorp.com or create and account Small World Community or Personify Connect account: When you create a Personify Connect or Small World Community account or make an inquiry on Personifycorp.com, we ask you to provide your email address and name.
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- Personify processes your email address and password when you use your email address and your password for the purpose of enabling you to log in to your Personify Connect or Small World Community account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on Personify’s legitimate interest in protecting the security of your Personify Connect or Small World Community account.
- Personify also processes your contact information for the purpose of sending you information about your Personify products, services, apps or account. The name you provide is associated with your account profile. The legal ground for processing your email address and name for these purposes is Personify’s legitimate interest in providing you information about your Personify products, services, apps or account.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from Personify, Personify will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about Personify products, services, and apps. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your Personify account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails. The marketing emails you receive from Personify are based on user preferences and customer status. The legal ground for processing this data for this purpose is Personify’s legitimate interest in reducing the number of marketing emails sent to each client by selecting which clients receive a particular marketing email rather than sending every marketing email to every client who has consented to receiving marketing emails.
- Personify also processes your email address to associate it with your Personify account. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality client support.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- If you choose to sign up for our newsletter or any other communication from us, we will use your contact information for purposes of sending you the information you have requested. Personify may also use your email address and other contact information for the purpose of sending you electronic marketing communications. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving any such communications at the time we collect your contact information. The legal ground for processing your email address and other contact information for this purpose is our legitimate interest in sending electronic marketing communications to customers concerning our services. If you do not initially opt out of receiving electronic marketing communication but subsequently decide that you no longer wish to receive electronic marketing communications, you will have the opportunity to opt out from receiving electronic marketing communications from Personify at any time by clicking the preferences or unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of our marketing emails. The electronic marketing communications you receive from Personify are based on the preferences you provide in your Personify Connect or Small World Community account and other demographic indicators.
Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- The legal ground for processing your personal data for this purpose is Personify’s legitimate interest in providing its customers with information they have requested and with electronic marketing communications that are likely to be of interest to them.
- Purposes and Legal Grounds:
- Personify also processes contact information of our customers’ members and contacts, on our customers’ behalf, to assist our customers and their members and contacts with their use and operation of their Personify sites. We do not contact our customers’ members or contacts except as related to the operation of our customers’ Personify sites (e.g., event notifications and reminders, membership renewals, security, and other notifications). We process the contact information of our customers’ members and contacts on behalf of our customers and for such communications purposes based on our legitimate interest in providing quality support for our Sites and services and assisting our customers and their members and contacts with their use and operation of their Personify Sites.
Third-Party Recipients of Personal Data
- Third party service providers: We share your personal data with our third-party service providers in order to host and operate our sites and provide requested services.
- Other service providers: Personify uses Marketo to assist in email marketing and Salesforce.com for customer support. Personify uses this data to contact likely prospects and current customers as well as customer support for current customers.
- Governmental entities and third parties: We may disclose personal data about you to
governmental entities, such as regulatory agencies, law enforcement and judicial authorities, as well as other third parties under any of the following conditions: (a) if we have your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies; or (d) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend
- Website Analytics: To help analyze how you and other visitors navigate this Site, compile aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates, help diagnose any problems with Personify’s servers and administer the Site, we, with assistance from third-party analytics service providers, collect certain information when you visit our Site. This information includes IP address, geographic location of the device, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, time(s) of your visit(s), page views and page elements (e.g., links) that you click. We use this information to provide better, more relevant content on our Site, to identify and fix any problems with our Site, and to improve your overall experience on our Site.
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
- App Analytics: We also collect data from clients about their usage of Google Analytics. The types of analytical information that are collected include date and time the app accesses our servers, app version, location of device, etc. Personify uses this data to improve the quality and functionality of the Google Analytics; and to help identify and fix app stability issues and other usability problems.
- Legal Grounds: The legal ground for processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in understanding how our clients interact with our products, services, apps and websites so we can enhance the client experience and functionality of our products, services, apps and websites.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
When you register for a Personify.com or Community website account, your personal data, will be collected and stored on servers primarily in Texas and Virginia. If you are a member, customer, or employee of a Personify client, our client may transfer your personal data to us in the United States. The data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as the laws in your country. For example, personal data transferred to the United States may be subject to lawful access requests by federal and state authorities in the United States.
Our Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we request that individuals under 16 not provide personal data to Personify. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as your Personifycorp.com or Small World Community account is considered to be active. See section below under “Your Rights” for additional information pertaining to the right of erasure, as well as other data subject rights.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to assist in maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal data; safeguarding against anticipated threats to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data; and protecting your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access.
However, whenever personal data is processed, there is a risk that such data could be lost, misused, modified, hacked, breached, and/or otherwise accessed by an unauthorized third party. No system or online transmission of data is completely secure. In addition to the technical and organizational measures that Personify has in place to protect your personal data, you should use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. If you believe that your Personify account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of
your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you live in the European Union, and if you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Personify at email@example.com.
If you reside outside of the European Union, you may have similar rights under your local laws. If you do not live in the European Union but you think you have any of these data subject rights under your local laws, please contact Personify at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
If your personal data was collected by and on behalf of Personify (e.g., through our website), then such personal data is controlled by Personify, Inc., which is located at 6500 River Place Blvd, Bldg III, Ste 125, Austin, TX 78730 and which you can contact by email at email@example.com. However, if your personal data was collected by or on behalf of a Personify client, then such personal data is controlled by our client, with Personify acting as a data processor.