As event professionals, you know how important it is to engage and connect with your audience. Video marketing has proven to be a game-changer in achieving this, and with the year 2024 predicted to be a landmark year in the industry, it’s time to gear up for the exciting times ahead.
At the forefront of video marketing trends is the rise of short-form videos and the domination of TikTok. Our research shows that videos will account for a whopping 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2025, while video streaming will make up 91% of global internet traffic. These statistics present both opportunities and challenges for event professionals, but the bottom line is clear: video content is king.
What’s more, incorporating video marketing into your event strategy is sure to have a significant impact on your sales and ROI. In fact, according to our research, video ads generate 12 times more shares than traditional image-based ads, and a whopping 88% of marketers agree that video has improved their ROI. By using video in your marketing efforts, you increase your chances of boosting customer engagement, brand awareness, and loyalty.
To take your video marketing to the next level, it’s essential to consider personalization. Over 80% of consumers say that they are more likely to engage with a video that speaks directly to them, which is why marketers are turning to AI-powered tools to create personalized content. By doing so, you can create a video strategy that resonates with your target audience, increasing your chances of conversion. For example, can you have a recognizable figure in your event industry share why they are attending? Or a well-respected company sharing the value of participating in exhibiting or sponsoring?
But the rise of augmented and virtual reality technologies is where the excitement truly lies. Over the next few years, this industry is set to explode, with a projected market size of over $109 billion by 2026. As an event marketing professional, incorporating these technologies into your strategy can help you create immersive experiences that truly appeal to your audience.
In conclusion, video marketing is essential for those looking to engage and connect with audiences and drive growth for your event. By staying up-to-date with the latest trends and statistics in this rapidly evolving industry, you can create video content that truly resonates with your audiences. Our research underscores the importance of video marketing at events, and we’re excited to see how this industry will continue to grow and evolve in the years ahead.
20 STATISTICS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- In 2024, TikTok is predicted to surpass Facebook as the most popular social media platform for marketing videos.
- LinkedIn users are an incredible 20 times more likely to share video content than any other type of content.
- In 2024, it’s projected that the average internet user will spend almost 100 minutes per day watching videos online.
- According to a recent survey, companies have found that their emails that contain video have a click-through rate that’s over 300% higher than that of traditional emails with no video.
- Short-form videos are in high demand, with 85% of viewers preferring videos that are 15 seconds or less.
- Video SEO is becoming increasingly important, as Google reports that videos are 50% more likely to appear on the first page of search engine results.
- A staggering 97% of marketers state that video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service, while 76% say that it has helped them increase sales and revenue.
- YouTube’s dominance in video marketing is expected to continue, with a forecasted 2.85 billion monthly active users by 2025.
- The use of AI in video marketing will increase, with over 60% of marketers planning to use AI-powered tools to personalize their video content.
- Live video will continue to dominate internet traffic, with an estimated 25% of total traffic expected to be from live videos by 2025.
- The rise of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies will revolutionize the video marketing industry, with a projected market size of over $109 billion by 2026.
- Video personalization will become a game-changer for businesses, with over 80% of consumers stating that they are more likely to engage with a video that speaks directly to them.