Ryan Brown joined NTP in March 2013 and serves as the VP of Sales. In this capacity, he oversees the strategic direction and execution of sales campaigns and the development of new sources of lead generation for his portfolio of industry-leading trade shows. He leads a team of professionals focused on meeting and exceeding all sales goals as well as maintaining the integrity of each event and providing high quality customer service to its exhibitors and sponsors. Prior to joining NTP, Ryan spent 7 years working on the association side of the business with the Consumer Electronics Association and most recently the American Composites Manufacturers Association. At ACMA, Ryan served as the Sr. Manager of Exhibit Sales where he oversaw sales efforts that landed ACMA’s COMPOSITES show in Tradeshow Executive’s Fastest 50.
Ryan has a proven track record of innovation and success in sales strategy, market research/lead generation, and campaign management. He has worked extensively to grow, evolve, and ultimately drive revenue for every event he’s had the opportunity to impact.
Ryan has a B.A. in English from The University of Mary Washington. Ryan is an active member of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) and received his CEM Certification in 2012.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How NTP Events, founded more than forty years ago, grew to become a full-service trade show management company
- Ryan shares examples of some of the events NTP has worked on for their 20+ clients across a variety of industries, topics and event sizes
- How NTP is working with their clients to convert all of their in-person events to virtual events, and how strategy has changed over the course of the pandemic
- How the team at NTP is building strategy around generating income from virtual events and leaning into the positives of virtual events
- How virtual events have created new challenges but also new opportunities, and how thinking differently is the key to maximizing virtual engagement
- How Ryan and NTP are working to educate their clients on how to be most successful in the virtual world
- Why the loss of live events has been challenging and emotionally difficult for NTP Events and their clients, and why there have been many tough conversations
- Why Ryan is advising clients that they should have a contingency plan for hybrid/online events even into 2021
- Why Ryan believes the available digital event platforms are an expensive stop-gap measure that may only ever see a single use as things hopefully return to normal by next year
- Why it is important to make decisions based not just on the immediacy of the situation but on your long-term needs as well
- Website: http://ntpevents.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-brown-cem-504a836/