Episode 35: Helping Exhibitors and Sponsors Succeed in the Virtual World
As an exhibit marketing strategist, Marlys Arnold combines image expertise and real-world marketing experience with a passion for trade shows. Not only has she been an exhibitor, but also the organizer of several expos and events. This unique perspective of the industry allows her to share new insights with both beginning and experienced exhibitors.
She’s provided exhibitor training for events in a variety of industries, ranging from local consumer expos to some of the largest trade shows in the U.S. Her articles have appeared in trade show industry magazines and business publications, and she’s been featured on both traditional and online broadcasts. She hosts the Trade Show Insights blog/podcast and is the author of Build a Better Trade Show Image. She’s also the founder of the Exhibit Marketers Café, an online education community. Her latest book, Exhibit Design That Works, debuted in July 2017.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Marlys shares the most common mistakes and challenges in executing virtual events.
- How educating exhibitors before, during and after the show has evolved in the virtual world.
- Why the pandemic has increased the need for show organizers to offer exhibitor education and training for success.
- Why Marlys feels the importance of attending a virtual event yourself is critical to hosting your own events.
- How virtual experiences can still offer serendipitous and networking opportunities via architecting these experiences.
- What lessons Marlys learned from hosting her two-day Virtual Events Trailblazers Summit.
- What you can do to reduce your stress of a virtual event.
- How the 10 Commandments of Virtual Booth Staffing is essential for every organizer to share with their exhibitors and sponsors.
- How virtual events are leveling the playing field for exhibitors of all sizes.
- How exhibitors can maximize their virtual booth and learn from today’s television infomercials.
- What Marlys thinks the future of events will be.