Adam Reider is the Manager of Technical Training and Support at the American Optometric Association, where he oversees training programs and end-user support. Adam works with business units to ensure all users have sufficient knowledge of applications through training workshops, documentation, and online help tools. His focus is on ensuring customer satisfaction and timely issue resolution. Adam also mentors support specialists to resolve issues and assists development staff in creating new features and implementing new modules.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Adam discusses his role at the American Optometric Association (AOA), and he discusses the work the AOA does as a professional membership association
- How the AOA represents more than 44,000 constituents including doctors of optometry, optometric professionals and students across the United States
- What major changes the AOA has made to assist members due to the global coronavirus pandemic and the challenges members are facing
- What key long term plans and programs the AOA is working to implement to assist members, affiliates and even non-members to survive the challenge of the pandemic
- How AOA made the difficult decision to cancel their annual in-person conference, and how they are working to digitize their content
- How the AOA has worked to swiftly adapt to the new reality of work-from-home and social distancing