Sam Lippman is President and Founder of Lippman Connects, providing executive-level consulting to the convention and exhibition industry in the areas of strategic planning, marketing and management. Sam is also a trained facilitator (A.C. Nielsen/Burke Institute) who has helped event producers, venues and cities understand their market position and determine their future plans. Since 2001, Sam has produced the Exhibition and Convention Executives Forum (ECEF) and the Large Show Roundtable (LSR). In 2011, Sam launched the Attendee Acquisition Roundtable (AAR) and in 2012 added the Exhibit Sales Roundtable (ESR).
Before launching his company, Sam was Vice President of GASC, producing PRINT and GRAPH EXPO and was Vice President of the Consumer Electronics Show. Sam started his career with GES in 1977, working in Chicago, Detroit and New York City.
Sam is a proponent of better education for the exhibition industry, and was presented an IAEE Merit Award for his contributions. He is an international speaker, author and teacher, and is often quoted by the media.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Lippman’s journey from freight room clerk to President of Lippman Connects
- The formation of the Exhibition and Convention Executives Forum
- The power of conventions and exhibitions as a marketing tool
- Current trends in the invisible industry
- Lippman Connects and Lippman’s role as a consultant in the exhibition industry
- Establishing credibility and expertise in your industry
- The role of technology in the exhibition and convention industry
- Similarities and differences of associations vs. for-profit show organizers
- Website: www.lippmanconnects.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samlippman/
- Twitter: @lippmanconnects