Join Rich Vallaster, Director of Client Relations at Personify and the Tradeshow Wonk, and Erin Sullivan, Director of Marketing at Personify, as they share the findings from a brand-new benchmarking report that details the preferences, challenges and evolution of what members want and how to best engage them moving ahead.
Here’s a sneak peek of what survey respondents told us:
- Your digital networks are crucial– More than half of all survey respondents shared how important it is for an association to provide digital networking and a community for members.
- Virtual engagement is here to stay– As events move forward into 2021, members surveyed want options in choice of attendance as it was nearly split equally between preferences of in-person (33%) , virtual (33%) and hybrid with 32%.
- Career skills and certifications matter– This was cited as the top reason among members to actively engage in their association, followed closely by being able to network with others and belonging to an organization that advocates for their industry.
- Association membership remains valuable– Nearly all members surveyed said that belonging to an association is either becoming more important (44%) or is as important (48%) as it was previously.
- But that value differs across groups– We saw differences across the board among association members versus staff for the importance of being part of an association and the benefits it provides.
- And much, much more.