The Covid-19 pandemic has created new challenges that required organizations to make increasingly difficult and complex decisions, but the good news is that many associations and nonprofits have been resilient and evolved their strategies to reach people in new ways. For most, 2020 called into question the assumptions we had about the way we work, the way we interact and how we grow our businesses.
Personify wanted to understand the impact of these changes for associations and nonprofits and the new tactics, channels and strategies they have embraced to provide value for members, donors, volunteers, attendees and exhibitors. We commissioned a research
study to create a clearer picture of:
- Perceptions of membership and what’s changed in the past year
- Programs and outreach techniques most effective in reaching members
- Rise of virtual events: what’s working and what’s not
- Value of digital networks and community
- Differences observed among association members and staff
While each organization is unique, Personify believes our findings can inform membership organizations, nonprofits and event professionals as they look to develop strategies designed to support the long-term growth and success of their organization. Survey questions were explored with nearly 1,000 association and nonprofit members and staff in the United States in December 2020.