Orchestrating virtual events brings its own set of challenges and opportunities never experienced before the pandemic. As thousands of event organizers and their teams realize, online is most likely the only way to offer education and showcase products and services from their exhibitors and sponsors for the foreseeable future – learning from those who have blazed the trail before you is even more critical.
Join Rich Vallaster, Director of Clients Relations at Personify and The Trade Show Wonk and his special guests as they share lessons, experiences and best practices learned from their actual virtual events. Topics include:
- The Unexpected – Some of the surprising and unexpected challenges faced during the live virtual event that event organizers should consider and adjust for in planning.
- Registration – It is not uncommon for registrants to sign-up on the day of a virtual event. Did registration trend differently than in-person? Did pricing play a role in these trends? What should be planned for in your communications and planning workflows?
- Programming – What if any changes were made to existing content or the agenda? Where there any additional logistics considerations including, streaming sessions, speakers, etc.? Did some content or speakers perform better in this setting?
- Technology – Regardless of the platform, what are some of the day of event issues organizers should plan for or consider?
- Exhibit/Sponsor Management – Most likely your companies have never participated in a virtual event. What factors were important to consider in managing expectations and providing success?
- Communications – How were communications among internal and external groups managed? What role did social media play?