-Teresa Zimmerman, VP of Marketing
Mark your calendars for the Personify annual user conference, PersoniFest, in beautiful Austin, Texas on April 8 -11th this year.
My career in marketing has taken me to conferences and user group meet-ups around the world. With more than 100+ events under my belt, it got me thinking; in the age of Google, why do conferences still keep me flying high?
The truth is, whether I’m attending, presenting or producing with my team — for me, conferences are a recharge and reboot. I’m a sponge for new ideas, programs, technologies and creative executions to fill my tank and reinvigorate my love for the marketing discipline. They inspire me to rethink how I see our brand, our clients, my community, and provide the solutions I’ve been searching for to progress my organization.
In that spirit, I want to share my top 7 reasons for attending PersoniFest (or really any professional conference), and the importance of investing in yourself in 2018.
1. Educational opportunities. No matter how experienced you are, you’re still learning. Day-in and day-out can sometimes feel like a grind without exposure to new points of view.
With more than 30 hours of CAE and CPP sessions built into the Personifest agenda, these educational opportunities present new ideas, trends and ways of doing business that will allow you and your team to be more productive.
2. Those dozens of tweetable insights. One small change — the way you promote programs, the tactics you use to manage an online community, or the management of constituent records — can have a massive impact on your business.
At PersoniFest, you’ll be tweeting and cataloging dozens of insights every hour to put into action within your organizations. #Pfest18
3. Access to incredible speakers and keynotes. Speakers alone are some of the best reasons to attend conferences. I love to see the best of the best talk about patterns and emerging trends in the industry, not to mention be inspired by people who are doing amazing things for their communities around the world.
Keynote Aron Ralston—read up and bring tissues, this is going to be good!
4. Networking with peers (and Power Users). Stop. Collaborate and Listen. When you bring together like-minded individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives, great things happen. Networking fosters collaboration. An insider tip: never sit with the same group twice. Take the opportunity to meet and extend your network, expanding the ideas and people you bring home. You never know who will spark inspiration or help uncover ideas over a glass of wine.
From the Newbie Fiesta on Sunday to the networking breaks, and of course, the client appreciation event—we’ve packed the agenda with time to break bread and get to know what your peers are up to.
5. Meet the Product Teams. Come face-to-face with the people who built the solutions. Love a module? Tell them! Wish it did something else? Tell them! Get the inside scoop on new products, functionality and learn the pro-tips, tools and techniques of the software.
This year’s PersoniFest Solutions Lounge and Demo Labs are open early and late to give you access to the product and professional consultants to show you the nuts and bolts of the solutions. Not to mention hands-on trainings and workshops that accompany many of the sessions. See the agenda to start mapping your experience!
6. Encounter new technology and partners. Don’t shy away from the exhibit hall. Learn more about the current business climate in the exhibitor ecosystem to leverage industry leading tools and resources. Discover innovative products and services to stay competitive in today’s fast-paced world. Invest time with the partners and sponsors at the event and turn those conversations into your competitive advantage.
We have brought together a diverse group of technology solution providers this year. Because technology makes your job easier, these are people who push the industry forward and help improve the efficiency of your day-to-day tasks. Don’t miss it!
7. Have fun. All work and no play can get old fast. Layer in a bit of enjoyment by mixing the social side into your learning efforts. From the networking parties to the Segway tours—explore the local areas, get out there and have a little fun!
Sunday Funday on Lady Bird Lake: Kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboards(SUP) or just a serene walk on the hike and bike trail. Come early and maximize your time in Austin this year!
In the age of the internet, is the live event dead? No way. The truth is, face-to-face interactions have never been more important or valuable. We’ve all experienced the serendipitous “hallway conversations” that, while not on the agenda or mentioned in the learning objectives, make for an unforgettable event. That’s what happens when people discuss topics and share experiences on a deeper level. Irreplaceable.
It’s the people that bring the ROI to your time at a conference. Invest in you and consider attending PersoniFest this year. Use promo code BOOTS to save $100 on an All-Access Pass.
Any questions? Let us know! I can’t wait to meet you in Austin!