Teresa Zimmerman’s Bio:
Teresa Zimmerman serves as the Vice President of Marketing at Personify. She leads Personify’s global marketing organization and is responsible for driving market leadership, global awareness, demand generation, strategic events, and product go-to-market plans. Teresa has a rich history of success driving excellence at enterprise SaaS companies, having spent time at Bazaarvoice, Lithium, and Fuze where she oversaw North American marketing programs, including field and solutions marketing, demand creation, advertising, and events. Beyond the office, Teresa serves on the board of directors for BookSpring, nonprofit supporting childhood literacy and resides with her family in Austin, Texas.
Erin Geoffroy’s Bio:
A recognized leader in marketing, brand, and content, Erin Geoffroy has spent over 10 years helping organizations tell meaningful stories and create effective engagement strategies. Her diverse background includes developing highly effective national marketing campaigns and digital tools in the software, consumer goods, healthcare, and nonprofit sectors. Since obtaining her MBA in Marketing and MA in Journalism in 2016, Erin has focused on empowering nonprofits and associations to better engage their members and donors through technology and the use of data-driven insights. At Personify, Erin develops and executes marketing campaigns across Personify’s verticals and a suite of products and leads brand marketing initiatives.
Megan Lopez’s Bio:
As Head of Product Marketing for Personify, Megan Lopez supports Personify go-to-market strategies across our constituent management and engagement solutions including positioning, messaging and buyer insights. Megan is a storyteller, working directly with our clients to understand their challenges and transform features into value-based benefits. She has led the PersoniFest program committee for the past three years, supporting the development of content, training, meet-ups and experiences for clients running our suite of solutions. Megan is a graduate of Baylor University with a degree in Marketing and Public Relations. Outside of the office, Megan enjoys spending time with her family, running and binging the latest Netflix releases.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Teresa has been working to understand the technology and engagement options Personify’s partners have to help facilitate the virtual event
- How Teresa’s team is working on a guide for best practices to educate and prepare speakers, and how they have designated speaker liaisons to help the flow of communication
- What recommendations Erin has to bring a sense of fun for your speakers and guests in a virtual environment
- How Teresa is working to ensure that content is being delivered that is both engaging and that works well in an online event
- What considerations Erin is making to maximize participant engagement with the content that will be delivered at the event
- How Megan has been working to convert three days of event content into a single day virtual event, and how she has been choosing what content to feature
- Why Megan and her team decided to build a tightly structured event, and what efforts they have made to tighten the content focus
- Why flexibility is key when designing a virtual event, and why prioritizing the attendee experience can guide all your other decisions